Monday

Let Down - a bit discouraged

Sunday was both good in some ways and a let down in others.

I simply cannot figure out how on the one hand a preacher can show that God is almighty enough to create the earth, plants, animals, - all that is in the earth; to place the sun, moon, and stars and entire solar systems!.... but then turn around at the end of the sermon and say, "Now if you will just repeat this sinner's prayer and ACCEPT Christ as your personal lord and saviour.... After all, YOU have to accept God..." (NO NO NO NO NO)

It makes me wanna bash my head in on back of the pew in front of me!

YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!!

Either God is totally sovereign, in control of ALL things or He is not. You cannot have it both ways.

Frankly this sort of preaching makes me afraid of the preachers and the churches that do this. "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

And... I further found that the churches here might not have been started by other Baptist churches after all.

*Picture of a very tired me, annoyed with mankind daring to put their own spin on the very clear New Testament Church pattern, goes here*

Yes, I probably sound a bit harsh in this entry, yet that's not my intent. I suppose it stems from being ever so tired and not a little let down as I had thought that I would be able to join a local church; that there would be one of the Lord's churches here.

Hey, maybe there is - hidden away.

*sigh*

I don't for one minute believe that the Lord has put a desire in my heart to be baptised and become a member of one of His true churches with that need to follow Him in this manner being an impossibility.

May He grant me grace and faith to get through this.

Romans 11:4-5

"But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace."

No comments: